Benefits of working for Gateway
To make Gateway a great place to work, we are committed to providing a fair deal to all our employees.
There are many benefits of working for Gateway, ranging from support for your health and wellbeing to our generous learning and development programme.
You can read a full list of the benefits of working for Gateway here:
- Volunteer leave: Staff may take two days paid leave to volunteer in the local community as part of giving something back.
- Discretionary days leave: The Chief Executive may nominate a date either before Christmas or during the week leading to New Year, where the office will be closed and which staff will take as an additional day's leave. This may not be applicable to all areas where service delivery is business-critical.
- Sabbatical leave: As part of our commitment to the development of our staff, we offer the opportunity to apply for unpaid leave up to 12 months.
- Study leave: As part of our commitment to developing staff with a professional qualification, after one year's continuous service we give up to two days' time off for study leave prior to an exam, in addition to the exam date.
- Annual leave: We offer a minimum of 24 days annual leave, plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time staff).
- Maternity/paternity/adoption leave: We offer paid benefits in line with statutory rates or above, details of which are outlined in our Maternity/Paternity/Adoption leave policies.
- TOIL: If you are required to work outside of your agreed working hours, Time Off In Lieu (TOIL) will be offered.
Health and Wellbeing
Health and wellbeing are very important at Gateway.
We provide a Medical Cash Plan for all staff and cover applies from your first day of employment. We provide Level 4 cover with Simply Health and you can claim back for the cost towards the following:
- Dental: Includes check-ups, hygenist fees, fillings, dentures, crowns and bridges
- Optical: Includes sight tests, prescription glasses, sunglasses and contact lenses
- Full body health screening: A full health screen in hospital, registered health screening clinic or service provider
- Physiotherapy, Osteopathy, chiropractic, chiropody/podiatry and acupuncture
- Diagnostic consultation, tests and scans
- European cover
- Flu vaccinations: Staff are offered a free flu vaccination in the Autumn administered by a health professional. We hope this will lower the risk of infection and illness.
- Lone working: Equipment is provided for lone working staff, and those who are required to enter the homes of residents, to protect them.
EAP (Employee Assistance Programme)
Employee Assistance Programme (EAP): This is a confidential information and counselling service, available 24 hours a day, 7 days week, online and on the telephone.
Gateway offers to subsidise gym memberships for their staff.
- Season ticket loan: Staff can access an interest-free season ticket loan to purchase an annual season ticket for travel to work, following successful completion of the probationary period.
- Salary advances: These may be applied for short term financial loans.
- Car loan: In exceptional circumstances, we will consider applications for a car loan from employees who critically need to have a car to carry out their work for Gateway.
We offer a childcare voucher scheme which operates through salary sacrifice.
Long service award: We value the loyalty of our staff and will reward service at five-yearly increments, commencing at the fifth anniversary of employment with Gateway.
These payments are discretionary and not contractual.
Learning and Development Opportunities
We are keen to invest in the personal and professional development of our staff with a wide range of learning and development opportunities including paying towards professional qualifications, accredited training, conferences, mentoring, coaching and work shadowing.
The Pensions Trust provide a pension scheme for all staff members called the Social Housing Pension Scheme Defined Contribution.
All new staff will be assessed and if eligible will be automatically enrolled. Gateway contributes up to 10% to your pension pot.
Tax relief: Generally, contributions up to a maximum set by the Government will go into your pension before tax is deducted. The tax that you would have paid to the government on your contribution will automatically go into your pension.
Death in service benefit: The scheme also includes a Death in Service lump of three times your annual salary.
London Living Wage: We commit to paying the LLW as a minimum. This is an hourly rate set independently and updated annually which we voluntarily choose to pay.
We offer a range of flexible working options.