Gateway is a well-established community-based housing association with just under 3000 properties primarily in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets. Our early formation goes back to 1926 when we began life as Bethnal Green Housing Association.
Our mission is to provide great housing and support for people in East London. We primarily provide social housing including rented homes and shared ownership. We have the largest stock holding of housing for older people in Tower Hamlets which includes 14 sheltered housing schemes and 1 extra care scheme. We want to build a reputation for being amongst the best while remaining commercially astute.
We develop new homes too and we run our own in house repairs service.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Housing Administrator to join the Housing Management Team at Gateway Housing Association.
Reporting to the Housing Services Manager, the post holder will be an integral part of the team.
The successful post holder can expect to carry out the following daily tasks:
- handling enquiries from the public in person, by telephone or written
- responding to information requests
- dealing with lettings and voids tasks
- dealing with complaints, member and MP enquiries
- processing payments and invoices
- updating computerised and paper-based records
- scanning, filing, photocopying and other administrative tasks
- support and cover the housing team as and when required by carrying out duties such as estate inspections and pre and post inspection visits.
The appointed Post holder will require:
- good spoken and written communication skills
- the ability to work well as part of a team
- good organisational and time management skills
- accuracy and attention to detail
- good customer service skills
- respect for confidential information
- good IT skills the ability to follow set procedures
If you have the skills and experience to take on this rewarding and challenging role then you are encouraged to apply.
We are proud of our diversity and encourage people to be themselves at work. We are based right opposite Mile End Tube Station with access to the District, Central, Circle and Hammersmith and City lines.
Our benefits package includes:
- Annual Leave: 28 days, plus Bank Holidays
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Social activities - from book and running clubs to table tennis
- Simply Health – help towards the costs of dentist, optician and private medical appointments
- Employee Assistance Programme – including free legal, financial and counselling advice
You can download the Job Description here: Housing Administrator JD Aug 2019 v1.doc
To apply please visit our online job application portal.
CLOSING DATE: 21 August 2019
INTERVIEWS: Week Commencing 2 September 2019
Gateway is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.