Our vision and mission
We're committed to making sure we’re a great landlord by offering affordable, well-maintained and managed homes.
We’re also focused on building more homes so as many people as possible can meet their housing needs in this wonderful part of London.
The name Gateway is a reflection of:
- Our belief that decent affordable housing is the gateway into a good quality of life for people on below average incomes;
- Tower Hamlets having traditionally been a gateway for migrant communities entering the UK; and
- Gateway Housing operating in East London, which forms part of the Thames Gateway region.
Gateway's vision is to support communities to thrive.
Our mission is to provide great housing and support for people in East London.
- To give our best to customers at all times;
- To value, recognise and reward staff for doing a great job; and
- To act with integrity in all our dealings.
By 2020 we aim to:
- Deliver a consistently great service;
- Be the local market leader for contemporary and high quality models of housing and support for older people;
- Build 500 new homes, expanding into the East London sub-region;
- ‘Make 5000 lives better’;
- Have a great team of people, making Gateway a great place to work; and
- Remain financially strong and business efficient.