Will I be charged for any repairs?
There are some repairs that you must pay for:
- If you, a member of your family or a visitor have caused damage that results in us having to do a repair or replacement.
- If you leave the property in a bad condition when you move out.
- If you report a block sink more than once per year.
- If you callout a contractor and the repair is not the responsibility of the Housing Association, you will be recharged for the callout and any work you agree for the contractor to complete.
- If we find that any repairs are needed because of your actions, we think it is only fair to charge you.
- If the damage is caused by criminal activity (by another person but not a visitor or member of your household), we will not charge you for the cost of these repairs, however all reports of criminal damage will be investigated and false reporting may lead to prosecution and may affect your tenancy agreement.
How much will it cost?
If we decide that you should be recharged for a repair we will tell you when you report the repair. We will also tell you how much the repair will cost.
How do I pay?
We will send you a bill for the repair amount. Please contact the customer services team for various methods of payment information. Generally, you can make your payments using all the methods you could use to pay your rent.
How do I report a repair?
Our Repairs Hotline is our contact centre for customers who want to report a repair or have an enquiry about a repair. They can be contacted by calling 020 8709 4300 or free phone 0800 0529 922.
You can read our full tenant recharge policy here:
Tenants Recharge Policy 2016