Back to the list
Who will this affect?
At this stage of the roll out, it will affect new single claimants of out-of-work benefits, including those eligible for housing benefit.
It will not apply to:
- Carers, couples, or anyone with dependent children.
- People making a claim for Employment and Support Allowance or anyone appealing a decision, or in the mandatory reconsideration period.
- People who have left the UK for a continuous period of more than four weeks in the last two years (habitual resident test).
- People who don’t have a current account with a bank, Post Office or credit union.
- People who are homeless or living in supported or temporary accommodation.
- Universal credit FAQ's