Dealing with Anti-Social Behaviour
- What is anti-social behaviour?
- What is not treated as anti-social behaviour?
- Is noise considered antisocial behaviour?
- How to report anti-social behaviour?
- Can I talk to the person involved?
- What about crimes and emergencies
- How does Gateway Housing Association deal with anti-social behaviour reports?
- What will we do?
- Can legal action be taken?
- What about confidentiality?
- Community trigger
Can legal action be taken?
We will aim to resolve matters peacefully through early intervention.
However, legal action may be needed if early intervention does not work or if the behaviour is very serious. Depending on the case, there is a range of legal actions (civil injunctions, parenting orders, demoted tenancies, possession action to evict the perpetrator, etc.) that may be considered.
Taking formal action is a lengthy process and requires extensive evidence. So, in such situations, we will need your full support, including providing a statement, for any legal action to be successful.
- Anti-Social Behaviour