Anti-Social Behaviour


ASB can make life unpleasant and can lead to an increase in serious crimes, as well as make residents fearful in their communities. Therefore, while we encourage residents to be tolerant of other people's lifestyles, we also advise everyone to be conscious of how one's behaviour can affect neighbours.

Dealing with Anti-Social Behaviour

  1. What is anti-social behaviour?
  2. What is not treated as anti-social behaviour?
  3. Is noise considered antisocial behaviour?
  4. How to report anti-social behaviour?
  5. Can I talk to the person involved?
  6. What about crimes and emergencies
  7. How does Gateway Housing Association deal with anti-social behaviour reports?
  8. What will we do?
  9. Can legal action be taken?
  10. What about confidentiality?
  11. Community trigger
Back to the list

What about crimes and emergencies

When there is a crime or emergency, you should call 999.

This includes situations when a crime is taking place, a suspect of a crime is in the vicinities when there is a danger to life, use or threat of physical violence.

101 is the non-emergency contact number for any police force in England and Wales and it is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Using this number can reduce pressure on the 999 system, allowing the police to prioritise emergency calls.

You should call 101 if you want to talk to your local police officer, get crime prevention advice, or report a crime that does not need an emergency response (e.g. your car has been stolen; your property has been damaged; you suspect drug use or dealing; you want to report a minor traffic accident; you want to give the police information about crime in your area, etc.).

You should also contact the police when you believe the problem to be domestic violence or abuse and harassment or hate crime relating to disability, gender identity, race, religion or sexual orientation.

Police will do their utmost to deal with issues, but if do not want to them, you can anonymously report the matter to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

  1. Anti-Social Behaviour