Recharging for repairs
The following list summarises the main repairs residents are responsible for:
- Showers or shower heads and hoses when fitted by the resident.
- Unblocking sinks basins and baths.
- Replacing tap washers and basin plugs.
- Any fixtures or fittings fitted by the resident.
- Replacing light bulbs or starters in fluorescent tubes.
- Replacing batteries in smoke detectors.
- Repairing electric plugs and replacing fuses.
- Repairing or replacing toilet seats and shower curtains.
- Repairing toilet roll holders and towel rails.
- Replacing lost keys and locks due to lost keys.
- Internal redecoration to your home including filling small cracks.
- Floor coverings (excluding kitchen and bathroom flooring fitted by gateway).
- Putting up your own curtains, blinds, rails and shelving.
- Cracked or broken glass to windows and doors caused by residents, their family or visitors.
- TV aerials (unless communal).
If residents, their family or visitors cause damage to the property, they are expected to put this right at their own cost and use qualified operatives where necessary. See the Responsive Repairs Policy and Procedure for further information.