STEP web banner green
Gateway STEP part of the Community Alcohol Partnership initiative
Gateway STEP is proud to be part of a new initiative within the Bethnal Green North and South area called Community Alcohol Partnership (CAP). CAP is designed to tackle the issues of underage drinking and anti-social behaviour in the borough by working in partnership with Tower Hamlets Council, Metropolitan Police, Sainsbury’s, Tesco’s and local drug and alcohol services.
The main objective of the Community Alcohol Partnership is to help build relationships with local housing associations and community groups and to look at how we can work together to tackle the issues of underage drinking and ASB.
The purpose of the partnership is to:
- Reduce the incidence of alcohol sales to young people
- Reduce the incidence of proxy sales and general supply to young people
- Reduce anti-social behaviours related to alcohol consumption
- Raise awareness of the dangers of excessive alcohol consumption
- Improve the health of young people with the knowledge of alcohol strengths and the number of units safe to consume.
Gateway STEP went along to the launch of CAP on Wednesday 9th July held at Weavers Field, Bethnal Green, to help support the project.