STEP web banner green
How we can help
The aims of the STEP programme is to meet the needs of people who wish to seek, gain and retain employment or progress to further learning. Participants will have an opportunity to learn, develop and practise the skills required for employment by following a programme, which includes:
- professional CV writing workshops;
- help with completing job application forms;
- effective interview skills and techniques;
- job interview preparation;
- work and volunteering placements and
- apprenticeship and employment opportunities.
Students who enrol on the STEP programme will have an opportunity to work towards a nationally recognised City and Guilds Qualification in Employability and Personal Development. The qualification is accessible to the widest range of people and emphasises the personal skills, qualities and attitudes required by employers across all vocational sectors. Skills such as team work and time management highlight ways of working more effectively and are vital in today’s competitive job market.