Being a good neighbour
Everyone deserves to enjoy their home and the area they live in peacefully.
It is important that we all understand that everyone is different and have varied lifestyles.
Here are some helpful tips on being a good neighbour:
- Warn your neighbours if you are going to do something particularly noisy.
- Keep the noise from radios, stereos and televisions at a reasonable level.
- Wherever possible place noisy systems against walls that you do not share with your neighbours.
- Try to do your housework or DIY at reasonable times of the day.
- Try to be quiet when you return home late at night.
- Put your household rubbish in the bins provided.
- Park your vehicle responsibly and do not block access for emergency services.
- If you have a garden, try to keep it neat and tidy.
- Be a responsible pet owner.
- Consider how your children’s playing habits might affect your neighbours.
Our 'being a good neighbour' leaflet was produced by Gateway residents and gives advice on how to be more considerate to your neighbours.