Our mission is to support communities to thrive, and our top priority is our customer experience as we work to improve and enhance our performance
Our residents are at the heart of everything we do.
We listen to our customers by listening to their feedback and through our Resident Scrutiny Panel. These help us shape and improve our services for our customers and communities.
What we do and what services we provide
Through the Customer Service Centre, we provide access to our high-quality repair service, Gateway Homeworks. We also support customers with advice on:
- making rental payments
- reporting and booking repairs
- accessing estate services such as booking inspections or obtaining keys and fobs
- reporting anti-social behaviour (ASB).
We also provide answers to several general enquiries about our services.
We provide the following services:
- Rent payments
- General enquiries
- Estate Services
- Bulk Refuse
- Keys and Fobs
- Booking Inspections
What can you expect once you have contacted Customer Services?
We engage with our customers using our five-point process, detailed below.
We aim to deal with customer queries immediately, and if we cannot., we will communicate with you every step of the way.
If you are unsatisfied with the service you have received, make a complaint, and we will respond within ten working days.
What can you expect from Customer Service?
- We are honest and accountable and take ownership to find a resolution to customer queries or a problem they need help with.
- We offer further assistance and will signpost you to organisations and local authorities to assist in situations we cannot.
- We are respectful, and our colleagues are approachable, polite, patient, empathetic, courteous, helpful, and inclusive with all customers.
- We manage your expectations and do our best to keep our promises by allocating a date and time to let you know when a repair will be complete or a query resolved.
- We will keep you informed and updated with service changes and improvements.
- We listen and learn, and although we will not always get it right, we will use your feedback and work with you to improve our services.
How customers can help us to deliver better customer service
- Be respectful, courteous, and patient. We have zero tolerance for abusive language or violence towards staff.
- Give us the correct information on time and keep us up-to-date with any changes to your household or circumstances.
- Keep us up-to-date with your correct contact information and communication preferences.
- Provide feedback as we value your feedback which helps us to improve our services and performance. Please give us your feedback about your service experiences.
- Give us access to your home so we can carry out inspections and safety checks
- Give us plenty of notice if you need to change your appointment, and we will do the same
- Keep on top of your payments by using direct debit or Mygateway.
Customer feedback helps us shape our services for our residents
We encourage customers to provide feedback, good and bad, on all of our services as it helps us to improve our services and performance. Our Resident Engagement activities provide a range of ways for customers to ensure their voices are heard. These include a range of online and in-person opportunities that can help customers shape the future of Gateway’s services and the communities that we serve.
More information and ways customers can get involved with Resident Engagement is available here.
How can you contact Customer Services?
You can contact us in several ways shown below:
Call us on 0208 709 4300
Write to us:
Visit us by appointment:
To book an appointment, please telephone us on 0208 709 4300 or email email@example.com
Visit our website:
Contact us to raise a query.
Do you need support for hearing or visual impairment?
If your hearing or vision is impaired, we can provide any extra support you may need. Contact us via email or telephone and let us know your condition, and we will do our best to accommodate your request.
For example, this includes access to large print and audio versions of important documents, translation services or hearing induction loops, and the use of private interview rooms at our Mile End head office.