Are you in need of Universal Credit and not sure how to claim for it?
Or maybe you are a Tower Hamlet's resident receiving Universal Credit (UC) and would like a better understanding of it.
Come along to our information session this August hosted by Citizens Advice Bureau - East End , where you can receive expert advice on how to complete your Universal Credit application and much more.
Universal credit is also known as the 'UK's lifeline' and is a single monthly benefit to help you with living and housing costs. In this information session you will learn some key elements such as the following:
What you will learn:
- Introduction - What is UC and which benefits does it replace
- Who can claim UC?
- What are the conditions for entitlement?
- How can I claim, how is it assessed and how much can I get?
- How is my rent [Housing Cost] and Council Tax assessed?
- How is UC affected by employment?
- What if I am sick and unable to work?
- How can I report a change in my circumstance?
Date | Thursday 26 August
Time | 2: 00 PM – 3.15 PM
Location: This session will be held on Zoom
Attendees: Available to all Gateway residents and residents who live in Tower Hamlets.
*Please note we are unable to review personal Universal Credit applications or cases
To find out more and to register for a place, please contact Nariscia Sherman - Community Investment Coordinator on 0208 709 4314 or at firstname.lastname@example.org