When you first move into your home:
- Check your gas and electricity supplies have been connected
- Read the gas and electricity meters
- Check that you have running water in your new home
- Tell Tower Hamlets Council Tax that you are the new tenant - this is your responsibility
- Make a list of all the people and organisations who should be informed that you have moved to a new address
- If you have a lot of rubbish after you move in, arrange a bulk rubbish collection or take it to your local tip
If you are receiving benefits, make sure that it is the right amount.
Here is a link to the council's benefits webpage.
Furnishing your home
If you need help with furniture and are on a low income and facing hardship, please contact us and we may be able to help.
If you have people living in flats below you, it is important to have carpets in your home.
Bare or wooden floors can cause noise and disturb your neighbours. You must get our permission before you lay laminate flooring.
Here to help
We are here to make sure any problems are sorted out without any fuss.
If there is anything you don't understand, or if you need any help or advice call us on 020 8709 4300.