Cleaning the u-bend/trap
If you cannot clear a blocked sink with the plunger the next step is to take the u-bend or trap apart which is an easy task as most are able to be un-screwed
- Put a bowl under the trap to catch the water trapped in the pipes.
- Unscrew the joints and remove the trap, rememberging to not lose the rubber seal rings that are with them.
- Remember not to use the taps or pour water into the sink, as it will go all over the floor until you replace the trap.
- Clean the trap by using an old toothbrush with hot water.
- Put it back together, making sure all the rubber rings are in the right place and the joints are screwed up tight.
- Run some water through to check that there are no leaks from the joints.
Before contacting us to book a repair, please check the repairs responsibilities to check who is responsible. Please contact us to book the repair here.