Turning off your water supply
Every house or flat should have one main stop valve, which can be used to turn off the water in an emergency. These valves can be found:
- In a duct near the entrance to the house or flat
- Underneath the floorboards near the front door
- Underneath the kitchen sink
- Underneath the stairs in a cupboard
Other valves, which turn off individual appliances can be found:
- Under the bath, basin or sink; in an airing cupboard or in a duct casing.
How to turn the valve off
- Check to see if a service valve is fitted on the supply pipe to the tap.
- If so, the water can be turned off temporarily.
- To turn off, turn the screw on the valve a quarter turn.
Before contacting us to book a repair, please check the repairs responsibilities to check who is responsible. Please contact us to book the repair here.