Replacing toilet seat
Replacement toilet seats will fit most standard toilets. However, if the replacement seat is not made from the same manufacturer as the toilet bowl, there is no guarantee the seat will fit
We replace toilet seats in our sheltered schemes, and for all other customers we have provided guidance on how to do this job, which can be fiddly, but is otherwise straightforward. The main tools required are a screwdriver, a wrench and a pair of pliers. The following steps are the best way to replace a toilet seat.
- Use the screwdriver to pop open the caps that attach the lid to the toilet.
- Use the wrench or pliers to hold the nut that are underneath the seat bolt.
- Remove the seat bolts with a screwdriver and lift off the old seat.
- Take the new seat and push the new bolts through the holes.
- Tighten the bolts by hand and make sure the new seat is central.
- When it’s central, use the wrench to tighten the bolts.
Before contacting us to book a repair, please check the repairs responsibilities to check who is responsible. Please contact us to book the repair here.