What you can expect from our pest control service and contractors
We treat communal areas for common pests like the below, and will also treat the surrounding properties if we need to:
- Bed bugs
- Pharaoh ants.
Customers must contact Customer Services about the pest issue. The team will raise the issue to our pest control contractor, who will liaise directly with the customer to arrange an appointment. They will attend to customers and carry out work to treat the affected area, block holes and access points as required. The contractor will report back to Homeworks to carry out any necessary repairs to the area.
- Make sure you are available to take calls between 9am and 5pm weekdays
- Respond to the request by providing a morning or afternoon appointment
- Investigate the cause of the pest infestation
- Contact us as soon as possible if you cannot keep an appointment
- Report the issue of pests as soon as you can, as it may reduce the time needed to eradicate the issue
- If the issue of pests recurs after the treatment, let us know as soon as you can
- Tell the contractor as much about the problem as you can
- follow advice or instructions provided
- Investigating and treating can take time
Please note the above service is for Gateway tenants only. If you are a shared owner or leaseholder, you must contact a pest control company independently, but we will deal with any communal infestations.