As your landlord, we are committed to providing an excellent maintenance and repairs service.
It is our responsibility to make sure that the outside of your home is in good condition, and to repair fixtures and fittings inside your home, such as kitchen units, pipes and heating systems.
You are not responsible for repairs to shared areas.
But we do ask you to report any necessary repairs in these areas.
The following list summarises the main repairs residents are responsible for
- Showers or shower heads and hoses when fitted by the resident.
- Unblocking sinks basis and baths.
- Replace tap washers and basin plugs.
- Any fixtures or fittings fitted by the resident.
- Replacing light bulbs or starters in fluorescent tubes.
- Replacing batteries in smoke detectors
- Repairing electric plugs and replacing fuses
- Repairing or replacing toilet seats and shower curtains
- Repairing toilet roll holders and towel rails
- Replacing lost keys and locks due to lost keys
- Internal redecoration to your home including filling small cracks.
- Floor coverings (excluding kitchen and bathroom flooring fitted by gateway)
- Putting up your own curtains, blinds, rails and shelving.
- Cracked or broken glass to windows and doors caused by residents, their family or visitors.
- TV aerials (unless communal).
If residents, their family or visitors cause damage to the property, they are expected to put this right at their own cost and use qualified operatives where necessary. Download our Compensation Policy and Procedure here.
It is your responsibility to maintain the inside of your home and carry out minor repairs. You should also do the following:
|Replace electric plugs and fuses||Replace tap washers||Decorate inside your home, including filling small cracks in walls and ceilings|
|Replace lightbulbs||Unblock sinks, basins and baths||Put up your own blinds, curtain tracks, coat rails and shelving|
|Battery replacements including smoke detectors||Replace plugs and chains on sinks, baths and basins||Floor coverings (excludes kitchen and bathroom floor coverings)|
|Replace damaged toilet seats and roll holders and towel rails|
|Showers when fitted by customer|
|Permissions||Doors||Deliberate or accidental damage||Waste disposal|
|Get our permissions in writing for all alterations (including installing a satellite dish)||Adjust internal doors so they open and close over fitted carpets||Repair damage caused deliberately by you or a guest, for example broken windows or damaged kitchen cupboards and worktops.||Replace household dustbins, including wheelie bins|
|Replace door handles, latches, letter boxes and door knockers||Allow our staff and contractors reasonable access to your home to investigate and carry out any repairs or inspections, and behave reasonably toward them||Telephone points (unless it is a communal telephone point)|
|Change of lock as a result of lost keys or locked out||Leave the property in a clean and tidy condition when you move out||TV ariels and sockets (unless it is a communal ariel or socket)|
|Washing machines waste blockages|
|Domestic appliances such as cookers, fridges, washing machines and dishwashers|